October calls for world egg day celebrations!!! I believe you all must be very excited to celebrate this egg day with all passion and energies. We all agree with this fact that egg is an excellent and affordable source of protein for all ages and have played a major role in feeding families around the globe for centuries. It holds the eggxact mix of nutrients and unbeatable package when it comes to versatility.
Despite of offering enormous health benefits, still many concerns are falsely linked to egg consumption including increase risk of coronary heart disease and stroke and it raise the blood pressure by causing vasoconstriction. There is a dire need to educate people that the benefits of eating eggs are beyond basic nutrition, research have shown that egg is along with protein powerhouse, is a nature multivitamin. Research revealed that egg linked with:
- Fetal brain development and healthy pregnancy
- Boosting of the immune system
- Lower the risk of getting breast cancer, colon and lung cancer. Egg has choline, omega 3 fatty acid, vitamin D and folate that are suppressing factors for breast cancer.
- Promote eye and heart health Prevent cataract and macular degeneration; treat night blindness and protect against heart attacks and strokes
- Promote good cholesterol (HDL)
Egg is not only nutrient dense source but also hold nutraceutical components. It has a lot of potential that still needs to be explored. However it is equally important to spread the word and educate consumer about benefit of adding eggs to their diet and collaboratively work to debunk the myths associated with egg to improve its consumption. This month we brought to you some exciting ideas to celebrate egg day and do share how you spent your egg day and an insight of aqua club activity, we hope this would be interesting for you. Have a good month!
One again happy world egg day!